August: The Start of DC Life

I'm going to be cheesy and say that I didn't feel like my life officially started until I met Kyle. He is everything to me and being out here with him in D.C. has made me realize that even more. We moved out the first bit of August and spent about a week trying to find a place to live. It was a bit of a shock to realize how much money would slip out of our bank account each month but we somehow managed to find a heavenly place with a wonderful landlord and a small, adorable apartment. The moving didn't get in the way of my birthday however, and I was spoiled :)


Georgetown Cupcakes on the Mall (the monument officially looks like a missile ready to launch with all the scaffolding - poor little guy almost broke down due to an earthquake)

Going to the National Zoo and Learning the Ways of the Metro


Kyle's Long Lost Brother with the Same Name (On loan from the one and only Hogle Zoo)


So, a funny story. While Kyle was living out in North Carolina for two years, he said he would ALWAYS have to take a trip to Cafe Rio because he missed it so much. Tears came cascading down his face when he realized they had just put in a Cafe Rio 5 minutes from our apartment. How convenient. 


Picking out the Grad School Notebook...a very important event for anyone getting their masters (proud of you Kyle!) I insisted on the pandas but hey, can't always get your way. 




“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” 

There he is! So proud of Kyle beginning his masters degree! I made him get a picture in front of AU's sign. We had explored the campus earlier on and since I wouldn't begin my internship until the next Monday, I would sit outside and read during his first classes. Such a pretty campus. 


Oh boy! Oh boy! This was on a dome tour of the U.S. Capitol. I started an internship in Senator Orrin Hatch's office with their press team and it was a quick crash course into politics, but overall, it's been a good experience. 


One of our favorites, Good Stuff Eatery. We can't stay away from their burgers and shakes. Right next door is also We the Pizza (love the pun on We the People, being in the nation's capital) with the best 'white pizza' I have ever tasted. Loving D.C. and newly wed life with Kyle. 

No comments :

Post a Comment