Ah yes, the Salamander Resort

After our anniversary weekend, I rushed home to pack and head up to a work trip at the beautiful Salamander Resort & Spa in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is set on 340 acres and is located right in the middle of Virginia's horse country and vineyards so they have a full-service equestrian center as well as a winery amid other amazing features. Even though it was for work, I was able to spend some time and explore the grounds and services. I was also so lucky to visit the spa and get a facial. I sure was a lucky duck to visit and work a couple of days here. 
Always a Shirley Temple.
The food was incredible! I even tried some of the crab and lobster cakes as well as the sea bass. I was proud of myself. 
The adorable dessert bar.
They prepared the bed for me at night with the cutest slippers tucked in by the side, ready for my feet. 
THE SPA. Amazing! I could have spent all day in there.
Heated tile seats.
The interior design and decor were also breathtaking. After moving into our new apartment,
I was trying hard not to base my new decorating after this level of fancy (and cost!).
It was nice to work hard and relax after a long day up here. I was excited to get back
however and walked in to find that this little guy had found yet another yogurt lid.

No comments :

Post a Comment