Bumpdate: 12 Weeks

Kyle and I have been patiently waiting to for the past 12 weeks to share a little secret.



We have a little one joining us this October! We are so excited and can hardly wait. We both felt like it was the right time and were surprised at how fast I was able to get pregnant. I know it can be hard for a lot of other couples so we feel extremely grateful.

Telling Kyle:

I actually didn't think I was pregnant so by the time we found out I was already 6 weeks along. Since it was so much sooner than we thought, I was a little apprehensive to do something that would surprise Kyle so I simply told him...and at that point, I so wish I would have done something or even filmed it. His reaction was priceless and he kept saying "are you serious?!" and hugging me.



I had bought some pregnancy test strips so I wouldn't have to spend money on the actual tests, especially if it took a little while. It just so happens that the first test I took was positive so I still have quite a bit of these for the future. Once I told Kyle, we got in the car to get a real test and sure enough, positive and estimating how far along we really were.


First Steps:


Even after we found out it didn't hit until I went to the doctor and we got Baby McOmber's first picture.


This was at 7 weeks where we found out our official due date is October 12. I am so excited to have a fall baby and hope they come in time for Halloween. All types of questions have started showing up including "what will they look like?", "is it a boy or a girl?", "will we be good parents?", etc. I've found that it helps just to take a deep breath and know that everything is going to be great (even though those little fears and worries like to pop up every now and then)! I have also LOVED our text conversations of the baby's size and other features.


Symptoms:

I noticed I felt really really tired around the first of the month before we found out but I thought it was just due to not getting enough sleep and trying to hit the gym at 5:30 every morning with a new work schedule. I have not thrown up once (fingers crossed) and my doctor says that once you make it to about week 12, it's most likely that you are out of any type of sickness you might have. I do get a bit nauseous if I haven't eaten for a long time and I still have moments where I get pretty tired (like at night after work! I'm ready to go to bed by 8:30 or 9:00) I've also had a hard time with some foods but I am trying my best to eat as healthy as I can and get to the gym as often as I am able to!

Family's Reactions:

This was one of my favorite parts of the beginning of this adventure. We decided to wait until Easter Sunday and bring up what we got in our Easter baskets. We would hold up different types of candy and little treats but then finish by saying we got something a little early from the Easter Bunny and hold up the ultrasound. Everyone's reactions were unique in their own way. Our little one will be about a year apart from Sam (Livi's) and 8 months apart from Calvin (Margaret's). This baby is already loved by so many.


The Details:

How far along? 12 weeks!

Size of baby? A sweet plum!

Stretch marks? Not yet.

Sleep? No problems yet but it's been a struggle to get up lately.

Best moment this week? Telling our families!

Maternity Clothes? Right now I just feel fat ha ha I've noticed pants and skirts are a little tight so I may need to get some looser clothing but I do plan on wearing dresses and skirts all summer.

Missing? It's been a little uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach so I know this is something I will soon miss!

Movement? Nothing yet.

Food cravings? I really haven't had any big food cravings. The first couple of weeks I wanted bread and carbs but I think that also may have been when I was doing my whole30/paleo diet. Lately, I'm just happy to be getting things down that taste good.

Food Aversions? Some meat is hard for me but it just depends on how it's prepared. Bread can also be hard to swallow. Sadly veggies are also a bit of a challenge but salad has been okay.

Bump? I think I am starting to see the beginnings of a bump although it may also be the bloating that comes with the first moments of pregnancy.

Gender? I have the feeling it's a boy but Kyle thinks it's a girl so we will see. We will love them either way!

Names? We have a few that we are holding on to but I think overall we will have to wait until they get here to make the final decision.

Labor Signs? I've been having weird cramping from the get go but I feel like this is just all part of the beginnings of pregnancy.

Looking Forward To? Seeing more of the bump and feeling the baby move! Also, Kyle and I have been planning a trip to Miami and the Florida Keys before we knew we were pregnant...so this trip has now turned conveniently into a baby moon!



We love you already little one!

No comments :

Post a Comment