November Treats and Good Eats

November came pretty quickly this year. In fact, all of autumn went flying by. I love the east coast though because it doesn’t end up snowing (if it even does) until January or February. So most of the fall is still pretty warm.

Work has been great at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. The other day we ran up to the rooftop to get a shot of this beautiful sunset. 


I documented time and history by getting a screenshot of my phone on 11/11 at 11:11 p.m. Pretty proud of myself for that one.....and I was ready to plug in my phone too with 3% battery power left.


You can’t go through the beginning of fall without making some sort of soup. I made my mom’s yummy chicken noodle soup and devoured it over the following week. I also learned how to make sweet potato rolls found here. They were so soft and yummy.



We tried out some new fun restaurants during the month of November. The first was Clyde’s in Georgetown and the setting alone was wonderful. We shared a cheese plate with cheese from local areas and I got a sweet potato and cheese ravioli while Kyle went with the meatloaf.

We also tried a well known neopolitan pizza restaurant that was pretty amazing. Pupatella is what they call the place and the best part is watching them make the pizzas right before your eyes. Every time I drive by this place it is always crowded and now I know why. 




The beginnings of Christmas snuck up on us when we decided to go see the National Harbor Christmas lighting with friends. I didn’t complain much because I got a $25 gift card to a cute little boutique right where we were standing. 


I’ve fallen in love with this beauty right here and love coming for date nights.


We had another killer sunset at work.


The first snowfall of the year happened the day before Thanksgiving. It looked quite charming with the row houses across from my work building. It gets me all excited for the holidays!



No comments :

Post a Comment