"O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave..."

Two days after Thanksgiving, my history lover and I took a trip up to Baltimore to visit Fort McHenry, where the Star Spangled Banner was written. Kyle has a national parks stamp book and I LOVE it. He makes sure to bring it every time we visit a park. Inside the little museum, they do a presentation on how the song was written and why but afterwards, you are able to go outside and view the fort. It was a bit cold but a beautiful day when the sun came out and the wind wasn’t blowing. Afterwards, we went to an interesting modern museum. We ended our trip in their Little Italy district with pizza and gelato. I’m looking forward to the next time we can go visit Baltimore to see the National Aquarium (I thought I wanted to be a marine biologist until I found out it included the study of crustaceans....um, no thank you).




The stamp of approval





You can't tell by this photo by it was FREEEEZING because of the wind coming off of the harbor



An ode to the song


Random Modern Art Poodle Dog named Fifi


Cutest Little Italy (I spy a star being hung up for Christmas!)

No comments :

Post a Comment