"We should just be thankful for being together!" - A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving



This year’s Thanksgiving was a LOT different than last year’s. Kyle and I took a trip up to New York last year to see the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade that you can read about here. We had a blast but also froze most of the time we were there. We decided to downplay this year’s day of thanks. My work hosted 5K running spots for the S.OM.E. (So Others Might Eat) Program, which raises money for those who don’t have food or are homeless. Some people went all out and dressed up as turkeys and Christmas trees. I was determined not to let the guy wearing an apron and holding a whisk and a spatula in each hand get in front of me. Kyle was speedy as always and finished with a 6-minute mile. I, on the other hand, was happy to finish at a 9-minute mile. It was a great way to begin Thanksgiving and to workout in preparation for all the food we would eat later. 








Kyle knowing he is about to kick my butt and run a race twice as fast as I can. 


We had Thanksgiving dinner with our friends, the Williams. They made the most AMAZING dinner complete with all the fixins’ – turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole  - it felt just like home. I made the sweet potato rolls again as well as some whole-wheat rolls.





The next day we met up with my best friend and companion from the mission, Caitie Graves and her family who were visiting her brother in Philadelphia. We took them to Good Stuff Eatery and laughed and laughed. It was a great weekend spent with friends and indoors this time. Kyle and I have so much we are grateful for including family, friends and each other. 




Thankful especially for this guy!

No comments :

Post a Comment