It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...


I love the holidays so much and we've been trying to do as much as we can while we are in D.C. (and there are LOTS of holiday activities going on). After a Christmas lunch in Georgetown, I went window shopping and saw one of my favorites, the giant nutcracker, outside Clyde’s. 


They had also put up the beautiful snowflake Christmas tree by the Key Bridge. 


Keeping Kyle entertained during one of his night classes. 


They had advertised a Christmas light drive through in Maryland and I made Kyle go with me. It was actually pretty fun in the end even though it was rainy. 




A tradition I’ve wanted to start is going to The Scottish Christmas Walk Weekend in Alexandria. We went last year but not for the parade and catching it this time turned out to be so fun! With our last name and Kyle playing the bagpipes, we can’t get enough of Scotland pride. We went for a walk to one of my favorite stores, the Christmas attic and picked out our ornament for the year, a decorative egg with Washington D.C. on it. And just for good measure, I grabbed a shot of some of my favorite row houses near King Street. 


Our clan! (or so Kyle says) 




My work threw an amazing Christmas party complete with food, entertainment and pictures. 




Kyle and I got our picture taken for our Christmas card and had Livi photo shop Boo in. These are some of our favorites. 




Original: Here is our final Christmas card. 



We made sugar cookies for our ward party and as always, it was hard not to just eat the entire cookie dough. I told Kyle he could make a special shaped cookie and he choose to make dice. 




The only thing I wanted for Christmas was a DSLR to start taking pictures with. We got it a little early to begin taking pictures and checking it out. We drove up to see the lights at the Washington D.C. Temple and tried it out for the first time. Up until we left to spend the holidays with family, we got off to a good start of feeling the spirit of Christmas.








No comments :

Post a Comment