"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."

I believe in this quote with all my heart. 
Mother's Day is so special to me. It is true that nothing can compensate for what is taught in the home, especially by mother's. I love my beautiful mother. She raised me with love and gave me the knowledge that I can do amazing things. She taught me how to cook and the best way to organize a home. She stayed up with me late into the night when I had projects due in school and made me hot chocolate with whipped cream when I was stressed. She drove me to every dance and singing rehearsal and was at every audition. She is an amazing seamstress and would sew ALL of our Halloween costumes as well as any other dresses or outfits for holidays and parties (e.g. Easter, Christmas, 4th of July, etc.). She is a registered nurse and growing up, we were always taken care of physically. She taught me the importance of eating healthy and exercising. She taught me the beauty of music and of service and continues to create a feeling of peace and love in my life.


When I was a senior in high school, my Dad passed away in a bicycle accident. I didn't realized the true strength of my mother until then. I watched her do the unthinkable. I watched her step boldly and bravely into the unknown with five children under her wing. I watched her say goodbye to her sweetheart and teach all of us about the love of the Savior and the reality of the Atonement. Almost a year later, my mom met an amazing man who had lost his wife to breast cancer. He has six kids. They got married and my mom went from having 5 kids to having 11. Currently, there are ONLY 4 at home but she has loved all of us unconditionally and she continues to be an example to me, especially as I get older.


I would not be who I am today without my mother. 


I also have so much love and respect for my mother-in-law, Kathryn. She is such an angel and has treated me like one of her own. She also raised an amazing son! I am so lucky to have her in my life and can't wait to get to know her better!


Happiest Mother's Day To All The Amazing Women In Our Lives! 


No comments :

Post a Comment